Vic Coupland Est 1926 

From household electrical equipment to electrical contractors through to a highly regarded M&E company, we've come a long way since 1926 
Vic Couplands original shop on Hessle Road in Kingston Upon Hull. This shop serves as the foundation of the company’s journey. Here the local community could buy all the latest modern technology from Teasmades to battery powered Radios. 
Photo taken from inside our Hessle Road shop. This shop was used from 1926-1940, when Vic Coupland choose to move into the electrical contracting market rather than retail. 
An early road show that highlighted some of the latest technology available at the store. 
Vic Couplands first electrical contracting office. This building was used from 1940 till 1970. The Earl De Grey building next door was a popular haunt for Hulls seafarers but was sadly demolished in 2020 to make way for the new A63 upgrade scheme. The bricks where salvaged and stored for it to be re-built in the future in a new location. 
With the expansion of the company, a much larger office with workshop was required. Vic Coupland Electrical Ltd moved into the Myton Street offices in 1970 through to 1999, when the final move to Therm Road took place. 
Vic Coupland 
Roy Coupland (Vic’s Son) 
Terry Coupland (Vic’s Grandson) 
The directors of todays Vic Coupland Ltd. Matt Dodson, Nigel Marris and Paul Chapman. 
Early advertisement campaign circa 1940s 
The Vic Coupland fleet circa 1940s 
1960’s news paper article advertising our partnership with Dimplex 
Vic Coupland certificate of incorporation. 
Our inclusion into the Memories of Hull book. 
One of the early promotional items given out by Vic Coupland. They don’t make rulers like this anymore! 
One of the early control boards made during the 60’s. VC specialised in these prior to the Building Management System revolution. 
One of the VC teams in 1986 celebrating the very first Red Nose day on site at the Sultan of Brunei’s house in London. Two members of the photo are still working as part of the team here at VC, Kerry Johnson who heads our electrical project development and Nigel Marris who is now one of the three directors. 
Some of the many radios and electrical testing equipment we still have, that was on display in the window of the original shop from 1926 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings